The Grip Master Information Sheet
***IMPORTANT: DO NOT ALLOW SOLVENTS TO COME INTO CONTACT WITH THE EXTERIOR LEATHER SURFACE***
***WE RECOMMEND USING BRAMPTION HF-100 GRIP SOLVENT***
Fitting and Installation:
· IT IS IMPORTANT TO ALLOW THE GRIPS TO REACH ROOM TEMPERATURE FOR OPTIMUM FLEXIBILTY DURING FITTING. FAILURE TO DO THIS MAY CAUSE DIFFICULTY IN FITTING AND DAMAGE THE GRIP.
· Remove old grip from the shaft. Use a bob-toxic solvent to clean away any tape left on the shaft.
· Remove any burrs or sharp edges from the butt end of the shaft to avoid tearing the grip underlisting.
· Cover the shaft with a full layer of masking tape (Glue) or double-sided tape (Solvent), 25cm (10 inches) down the shaft with 1.5cm (0.5 inches) extending over the butt end of the shaft. Then twist and fold the remaining tape into the end of the shaft making sure no edges of the shaft are exposed as this will grab the grip and make it difficult to install. Please note: We do not recommend using more than 2 layers of tape when fitting The Grip Master grips.
· While wearing safety glasses, spray a small amount of HF-100 the entire length of the tape; paying special attention to the area nearest the butt end of the shaft. Spray a small amount inside the grip and pour any residual solution evenly along the length of the tape.
· Do not bend or kink the grip during fitting as this may separate the leather or tear the underlisting.
· Ease the grip onto the shaft. Use one hand to gently pull the grip on to the shaft, while using the other hand to guide the grip.If the grip does not slide onto the shaft in an easy motion, remove the grip carefully and apply more glue or solvent. To collect excess solvent, hold some paper towel in each hand as you fit the grip and wipe any further fluid from the shaft.
· Gently tap the butt end of the grip on the ground to force out any trapped fluid.
· Using HF-100 Solvent the club should be ready to play in 10-15 minutes.
· Installed correctly, your leather grip should give years of service.
CLEANING: DO NOT USE ANY LEATHER TREATMENTS, SOLVENTS OR CHEMICALS. USE ONLY CLEAN WATER WITH A DAMP SPONGE OR CLOTH.
Improper installation will void warranty.